Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Old dogs and new tricks

Some folks may wonder at this, but...today...for the first time...I peeled and seeded tomatoes! How cool is that! :)


I actually had to look up how to do it. Cooking is not at the top of the list of ways I like to spend my time. But one of the things we were looking forward to after our move from New Jersey to North Carolina was time for home cooking. In New Jersey, when we both got home from work, it was way to easy to just go out to one of the many 24 hour local diners. No diners in North Carolina though there sure is no lack of restaurants. When I thought about it I figured it's been 10 to 15 years since I cooked regularly for a family. Wow.

Our neighbor has been generously providing us with the biggest meatiest tastiest tomatoes. So today I tackled the the peeling issue and they are now simmering away with all the other ingredients in the slow cooker. A good feeling.

No comments: