Evil Step-Daughter sent another photo of her quilt, now finished with the binding. The recipient is going to love it!
I think I've figured out that all my frustrating sewing machine problems when making the first two pairs, striped and grey, were caused by the very heavy Guttermann topstitching thread. The black and the gold threads are Coats. Much better!!
A simple pattern with real back pockets, but faux fly and front pockets. The soft knit waistband is a big plus in my book.
I also spent some time making a Captain America experience for The Viking. He was thrilled.
Even more exictement when we stopped, in costume, at Target for the shield. He wore the outfit everywhere we went for two days and is looking forward to showing off for The Sailor Son tomorrow.
In anticipation of our visitors I've been doing some spring cleaning. Always a chore is removing the pollen. You could write your name on everything on the back porch.
The sandbox cover. Ick!!
After a long session with the vacuum I managed to get most of it. Of course I'll have to do it over again soon, darn it. So looking good.....for now.
The water level on the pond is being lowered in anticipation of some repairs to the dam. We've realized that not only is wind and water our enemy, but muskrats as well. Nasty little buggers apparently. The water has to be lowered four feet and this is how it looks at the moment, down almost a foot.
The boat is on the edge waiting to be used to go out and re-open the valve to let out more water. The dam work is scheduled for next week. It should be interesting.
Thankfully, not all of our azalea flower buds died from the cold. I was so pleased to spot these starting to open today. Lovely large flowers with that interesting leopard spot pattern. Beautiful!