Saturday, January 26, 2008

UFOs are landing!!

Since the Janome was out being adjusted/cleaned/repaired (whatever) I've been looking around at what else I could accomplish. (Actually it's back but not up on the frame yet.) I have SCADS of UFOs so it's just a question of what to tackle first.

I have a bunch of Sweet Treats and patterns from the Pincushion Boutique that I bought over the years at the Bayberry Quilters shows in Cape Cod, MA. One quilt top was almost finished! It took me less than an hour to finish it up and iron it. I love it and can't wait to quilt it. This picture is from the pattern. My fabrics are just a little different.

Then I dragged out my Tabitha Quilts Seminole Squares Quiltcoat kit. This I bought many moons ago at a Northern Star Quilter's show in Westchester County, NY. I spent some time ironing the fabrics and checking the yardage. Well damn. I've been shorted on the lining fabric. I'm thinking I can line the sleeves in something different. We'll see. It's going to be stunning when it's finished though! The fabrics in my kit are black and burgundy/plum with lots of gold glitz.


I also put new borders on Stargazey Heartz. This one has been put away for years. I started quilting it twice and hated it so I gave up. I bought it as a kit and hated the background fabric too. I bought new border fabric to spark it up, so now it's waiting to be quilted.
Grumble...if I could get iPhoto to cooperate I have a pic.....

Ahhhh. This is the ugly UFO.
This should be better!
Oh my! I didn't realize how late it is. Good night!!!

5 comments:

dot said...

Love the pinwheels. That is going to be a really cool quilt. I don't know if I really like the hearts but then again hearts are not my thing. Enjoy your evening.

Tonya Ricucci said...

I've always loved that Jan Mullen pattern. good thing to change a quilt so that you love it, rather than be unhappy with it. love all the space in your studio and wheee a purple ironing table. I'm envious.

Juryizstillout said...

I love the hearts!It's not ugly, it's great!
We are always hardest on ourselves.

Cathie said...

I guess we have more in common besides quilting - Frampton, Tull, how about Bon Jovi - Yum!!!

meggie said...

I rather like those bright hearts! then new border will be nice, but I didn't mind the old one!
Busy busy.