Thursday, January 10, 2008

Rant

I enjoy writing weblogs, I really do. I like taking photos for the weblog and showing them off. What I don't like is resizing them all before posting them. Grumble. I've been using GraphicConverter and converting one photo at a time. It got old. Grumble.

Today The Tramp sent me a tutorial on using Automator (Mac OS X Tiger) to create a batch conversion program. Very cool! Except I can't get it to work. Grumble. Tiger is new so why is the version of Automator in the tutorial clearly different than mine? Grumble.

Today he said he was in awe of my lethal skills...as software was crashing all around me. Grumble. I think I should stick to my sewing machine as he also said - and I quote - "To be a programmer you need to enjoy the challenge of such puzzles." Sheesh...this is NOT me. The Tramp is assured that I will keep him around to fix these things for me. Love you honey. Grumble, grumble, grumble.

When I have a batch of converted photos (grumble) I will share that I've been busy. The Christmas stuff is put away, the floors etc cleaned, bread baked, Silverline was here with the three replacement window sashes (a whole other rant), some major yard cleaning happened, I'm caught up with Bonnie's mystery quilt, we joined the local health club, I messed around with sculpting, finished a couple of UFOs and so on and so on and so on.

Grumble.....

No comments: