Tuesday, January 15, 2008

And there was light....

And it was good.

Yesterday we had three 10 inch Solatubes installed in the cave kitchen. It was late-ish in the day so we didn't get the full effect. This morning I sat eating my Corn Flakes and watched the sun come up in the kitchen. :-)

Wow! What a difference. Now I don't have to leave lights on in there all day long! I even have to suppress the urge to turn lights off! LOL It's great!!

So the roof has sprouted domes....


I had to defeat the camera's wish to use the flash so this is a bit out of focus. I should have taken a before photo. It really was like living in a cave at this end of the room.


There's a window at the right over the sink but I still needed light to do anything since the window faces north and is in the "el" of the house. So very cool. The *&@%$# new windows have been such a saga it's so nice that this was so worth it!


Of course there is always a con....now I really do have to keep up after the dog hair. Black hair (and muddy paw prints) on all that white floor. I can see it! Sigh....

1 comment:

meggie said...

Wow, that looks lovely. So bright & airy looking. We had a tube thingy put in our kitchen, but I am so disappointed with it. I gives little light, but seems to add to the heat factor! I suspect we chose the wrong one.