Monday, March 28, 2011

Happy hearts and dog hair

Brrrrr it's cold out there! Where did springtime go?? The Tramp and I just came in from a late afternoon stroll around the pond. **shiver**  The road around the pond is a private road. As it is deteriorating, the HOA recently met with a road contractor to assess the areas most needing repairs. It's massively expensive to replace the whole road, so the decision is to look at nine areas to be properly redone. Much of the road is sinking, old patches have fallen apart and a few of the potholes are becoming small ponds of their own. The nine areas are marked and numbered so, as we have all been requested to,  The Tramp and I took a walk around to come up with our suggested priority list of the nine sections. No matter how you look at it, it's going to cost money. Sigh. But it's what we bought into. Our neighbors are very pleasant and the pond makes my heart happy. I think it's worth it. :-)


To abruptly change the subject....this is our master bath. White tile as far as the eye can see. 


One morning last week The Tramp decided to take Maisy in the shower with him for a much needed shampoo.  She loved it.  So much so, she got a second shower a couple of days later.  Yesterday Ivy got the same treatment.  So far so good....

This morning was Ngaire's turn.  Observe. The beautiful Ngaire is a German Shepherd Dog.


She is large.  She is black.  (So black, she is difficult to photograph.) Her coat is wonderfully thick and luxurious.  When kept as "indoor" dogs, shepherds shed heavily year-round.  You can guess where this is going.  Just imagine my nice white bathroom after the deed was done.  O. M. G.

Hmmmmm.  I think what we really need is an outdoor shower.  Especially as now Maisy's powerful sense of entitlement means she thinks it's her right to have a shower everyday!  Nut dog.


Can you resist that face? 

I've been working on the mystery row quilt.  Row 1 is done and I really like it!


Row 2 is six basket blocks.  Five more to go.  I want to be ready for Row 3 April 1st.  :-)  Oh...and I've had to go back to the Bernina for piecing.  The Janome was just too frustrating...darn it.


Charlie has been stuck in his cage in the kitchen most days.  Fine when I'm in there, but not so great when I'm upstairs.  When I rearranged cabinets in the bonus room last week, it turned out the file cabinet I shoved into the dormer alcove is the perfect place for Charlie's smaller cage.  He can see out the window, watch me blog...cut, iron and sew...and "sing" to the stereo.  :-)


Of course this keeps the dogs somewhat amused as well.  Especially Maisy.  Whether Charlie is paying attention to her....


...or not. 


Nut dog.  :-)

No comments: