Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Tuesday again...

A good day. Dad passed his stress test with flying colors and was released from the hospital this afternoon. He was thrilled to be told that he has the heart of a 20 year old!!

I, on the other hand, am exhausted. I'm still not at full strength after my surgery six weeks ago and am really straining myself being all things to all people this week. My aches and pains are better and the bruises are healing/yellowing which means parts of me are in fantastic technicolor! I am sooooo glad I can stay home tomorrow. No more hauling off to the hospital. This being the primary driver for everyone right after being in the accident myself is pretty stressful. Brings to life that saying about getting right back on the horse! Sheesh. I tap my brakes every time I see a car coming from a side road or driveway and wonder if and when I'll ever get over it.

We stayed at Mom and Dad's for dinner and The Tramp took this photo of me across the dinner table. Have you ever seen anyone look so grim and tired! I can only hope I don't look like this more often than I realize! Yikes!!

Off for some beauty rest. Goodnight!

2 comments:

meggie said...

You do look a little tired. It will have all been a shock, & after your recent surgery, hard to recover from.
So glad your father is ok, & things can settle back to a normal routine for you.

Sew Create It - Jane said...

I'm still thinking of you and your parents...hopefully time will heal your wounds and your nerves. Well done for getting back on the "horse"..that must have taken a lot of strength!!!

TTFN