Sunday, January 31, 2016

Soldiering on

It's been a pleasant weekend.  Warm and sunny.  Yesterday we were busy with a birthday dinner for Mom so no sewing.  Today, among other things, I caught up with the last four days of the 365 Challenge blocks.  I'm trying to work mostly from my stash and it's been a struggle.  I added some Kaffe fabrics and I'm not sure I like the effect in these small blocks.  I put them up on the design wall to see if I was at all on track.  These are part of the "inner dark stripe" and supposed to be made of mediums, medium dark, and dark dark fabrics with a bright spark here and there.  Not knowing how it will all go together makes choices hard so these are a really motley assortment!  I may redo a couple, but I figure if I just soldier on the final effect will be a possibly happy and attractive surprise.  I can hope anyway!  The variety of fabrics and colors shown on the Facebook group is quite amazing.  It's going to be very interesting come December.  :-)



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Katie ,oh I think you are going to have some fun with this xx