Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Tornado Watch

Tonight we are under a tornado watch. I'm not used to this! We didn't do tornadoes in Northern New Jersey. I'm sure it will be fine. So far the worst of it seems to have bypassed Raleigh. Though right at the moment the wind has picked up again and the rain is pounding on the house. The power was out earlier today too. The low pressure has given me a migraine. Moan, moan, moan. Tomorrow should be a better day.

In the meantime I have finished a UFO. :-) My Raggedy Old Annie, named Rosie, is all done! She's pretty cute. The coffee dying was an experience. You gotta understand. I don't do coffee. I make it for The Tramp but I don't drink it...and I certainly don't dip my hands in it! LOL I'm a tea babe.

It seems I got a little wild with the coffee dying process and pretty much overdid it. Rosie and her clothing ended up looking filthy rather than a bit raggedy! And Rosie had a weird light patch around her nose and mouth. So after it all dried (stiff with coffee), I re-rinsed out the clothing and went over Rosie with water to even out her color. I'm pleased with the results. She's a cutie.

And she seems happy with her perch in my sewing room. :-)

5 comments:

meggie said...

I am with the Tramp. Coffee for me, everytime.
I love your Rosie, she is verrrry cute!!

Anonymous said...

Oh, Rosie is so cute!

Thimbleanna said...

Ah yes, I'm sad to say you'll have to get used to tornado watches and warnings. They're awful! Your Raggedy Annie is adorable -- great job!

JudiA said...

...don't...do...coffee...??? Oh my! (LOL) Rosie is delightful anyway. I grew up in tornado country and I DO NOT miss it. I hope all is well with you.

Pam said...

Oh - the little Rosie is so cute!! You did such a great job of making her.

How did the tornado watch go? I have never been in a tornado but I bet it would be terrifying.