Monday, July 31, 2023

Accomplishing things

It's nice to accomplish something in the sewing room even if it's only mending.  The Snoopy flying his doghouse as the Starship Enterprise shirt was a bit snug.  I added wedges of shiny red and also trimmed the sleeves.



This shirt got wedges too.  The neck was too high as well so I cut it down and hemmed the edge with the coverstitch machine.


Jeans were also hemmed and holes repaired in shirts.  After lunch we all settled down for a Sunday afternoon snooze. They are all sound asleep and apparently comfortable. 😴




This afternoon I reviewed my DVD lessons on making ballroom dresses and got on with the first step.  Drafting the pattern for the leotard.  It made my brain tired!  The instructor absolutely
knows what he is talking about, but he has a strong Italian accent and I'm not sure he's the best at teaching in video format.  It's hard to find patterns and instruction without spending buckets of money so I appreciate his expertise and will press on.  


First draft of the front pinned on Betsy.  I think it may fit me!  How about that!!  😃


2 comments:

Janice said...

Ash, the dreaded mending. You’ve done well. It looks like you are making good progress with your garment making. I’m sure you will do a fine job. It was nice to catch up briefly on Zoom the other day.

Chookyblue...... said...

I wish you well on the dress sewing..... Lovely to see you on zoom........