Friday, May 27, 2011

A spoon full of sugar....

Let's go fly a kite?  My intention is to write a post but I'm very distracted at the moment.  We're watching Mary Poppins!  LOL  Do you remember when the movie first came out?  I do.  It was wondrous.  I also remember reading the Mary Poppins books.  I even had a Mary Poppins doll.


I'm pleased to say gluten-free cooking has resumed in our house.  The Tramp had his tests for celiac disease yesterday, which meant we had to go back on a gluten-rich diet for four weeks prior to the tests.   And much to our surprise...neither of us liked it!  I didn't want to contaminate our kitchen all over again with gluten flours so we went out to eat way more than we should have.  So back to the new "normal."  I got to bake bread again Wednesday.  :-)  Brown bread and banana bread.  Rice flour, even brown rice flour isn't particularly brown so the brown bread has both coffee and molasses in it.  Pretty good.


At bee on Tuesday, Mom showed off her Kim Diehl Bittersweet Briar quilt top.  Isn't it pretty!  I need to finish mine. 


But I have been plugging away at my Patches & Pinwheels.  :-)


And constructed and mailed two more swap blocks.


We had some major rain storms this afternoon.  The ducks huddled on the edge of the pond at the foot of our driveway.


Father goose kept right on grazing through the worst of it.


Once again brown water from the creek spread across the pond.  Ugh.


The mail carrier showed up in the middle of the worst of it too.  He did manage to make it through before the water went over the road.  Timing is everything.  :-) 


We had the gutters cleaned a few weeks ago and the downspouts were gushing satisfactorily.  :-)


Father goose held his ground as the water rose.


Soon it was rushing over the road and down to the creek.


When the water reached the ducks they had a grand time splashing and flapping in it.


Mother goose stuck tight to her nest.


Father goose finally had to move or swim.  :-)


But kept right on grazing.  Must be something appealing about wet grass.  I wouldn't know.  :-)


So I guess the pond will be brown again for a few weeks.   Dang.  It just cleared from the last time.

Some of us aren't the least bit bothered....about anything.  Give her a pillow and all is well with her world.  :-)


Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious!

No comments: