Monday, January 17, 2011

And the "holiday" weekend continues...

I'm not sure The Tramp would consider this a holiday weekend either.  I kept him busy today as well.  First on the agenda was raking leaves.  This week is the last round of leaf pickup by the town and we didn't want to miss it.  It looks sooooo much better with the oak leaves off the lawn and driveway.  Between the trees you can see the bi-fold doors leaning against the truck, waiting for pickup by someone on Freecycle. 


The ice is melting on the pond.  It looked very pretty today with the reflections of the sky and clouds.  There were several mallard ducks floating around and the three somewhat resident geese.


And bless his heart, The Tramp helped me pull out the bird feeder pole and move it over so I can see it from my chair in the living room.  And it's straight now too!  The drunken lean was really annoying me.  :-)


As soon as I stepped back the chickadees and nuthatches were right back on the feeder.  Of course I didn't move fast enough to get them in the picture.


Then...sigh....we tackled the garage.  Argh.



It's not nearly done, but we bought and put two shelving units together and I managed to empty some boxes.


The Tramp has been sorting and hanging his tools.


And we put this Ikea cabinet together, to hold all his bits and pieces.  I have two shorter and wider versions of this cabinet in my sewing room and I love them.


I also got a portion of the Hungry Caterpillar quilt top together (ignore the purple quilt behind it) and now I'm going back to work on the rest.  Yesssssssssss.




2 comments:

Lorraine said...

OMG I am exhausted just reading what you have been doing! Great effort...and how satisfying to get some of the sorting out done and things stored away. Nice that you can watch the birds from your chair now!!

Nancy said...

My you have been busy!!!! I love the picture of your house. It reminds of my parents' former home in North Raleigh.... all the trees!!!!

Take care!