Friday, January 11, 2008

Done with Step 6!

I finished step 6 of Bonnie's mystery quilt. Many people are making their quilts from scraps but I decided to go with just 3 fabrics. I'm really pleased with how it's coming out. The main design turns out to be made of Ohio star blocks. Very nice!


I know they won't necessarily be put together this way but I couldn't resist putting the blocks up on my design wall and admiring the effect.


Somehow these 16 half star blocks and the 4 smaller blocks will fit in too, and I bet there is some sashing involved. Oh well, have to be patient for a week and wait for the next installment.

9 comments:

Liam said...

Ha! YOu just wanted to show off your design wall :-D

Saska said...

Love your colors. can't wait to get mine put together.

Nice to see somebody else who enjoys the Peanuts gang. I also have a collection.

Cheryl said...

Great job on your mystery quilt..it's coming along nicely. Can't wait to see it finished.

Carol E. said...

Wow, yours is so pretty! And you have kept up! I still haven't even finished step one. I'm afraid I have created another UFO.

MARCIE said...

Wow, Katie! You have really gone to town on that quilt! Congratulations! It looks great!

Thimbleanna said...

Wow! I love your blocks -- those colors are SO pretty together!

Pam said...

Hello - how nice to read your comment on my blog. That looks like such a pretty quilt in making. I'm waving across the miles from Scotland.

Nancy said...

I lovet he colors!! The Pink really pops!!!

NancyPA
www.patchworkpenguin.blogspot.com

meggie said...

Loving all the different versions of that quilt!