Monday, November 26, 2007

Post Thanksgiving Dinner

We had our Thanksgiving dinner on Saturday because that's when the Sailor Son, DIL and Baby J could visit. I was in grandmother heaven!

He met his great-grandparents for the first time. My mom came to this country as a nanny, after working in the day-nurseries in London during the war. She had lots of advice for the new parents. :) At one point when he was crying, she took him and demonstrated the "nanny bounce". He was immediately quiet!


OMG. Don't look at me. That furry vest is awful! *shudder* What was I thinking???? Anyway... I haven't had the opportunity to feed a baby for such a long time. It was so great to flex my grandma muscles. Hee hee.

I get such a bang out of this photo. It's been twenty years since I've seen him with a pacifier in his mouth!!! RFLOL
And right before they left we got a Sleeping With A Finger Up The Nose photo. What's not to love?

When they left The Tramp remarked it looked like I'd had the best weekend I've had in a very long time. You bet!

Sigh.......

4 comments:

Thimbleanna said...

Oh, how very exciting. Thanks for sharing your photos (hairy vest and all LOL) -- I read your whole post with a big smile on my face -- your enthusiasm is contagious!

JudiA said...

Oh, oh, oh! It doesn't get any better than that. (I didn't see the vest, just the happy expression on your face.) A Blessed Thanksgiving indeed! My own Sailor Son and DIL are expecting their first in March -- thanks for showing me what I have to look forward to. I can't wait!

Liam said...

It was nice that someone had a good weekend! Some of us weren't the best company :-(

meggie said...

Lucky you! He is a gorgeous baby, no wonder you are so proud of him.
What lovely photos of everyone.