Friday, October 19, 2012

Where has the week gone?

I can't believe the weekend is here again.  I can't even remember what I did this week!  It seems I did at least some sewing.  Ivy is my witness.  She lay next to my chair while I snowed bits of foundation paper all over her.   I put another row of little houses together.  I am not liking the de-papering part of it at all.  Sigh.  Oh well.

We've had some morning walks.  iPhoto says I took this pic on Tuesday.  It seems it was a beautiful day!

Wednesday we went to the State Fair with Mom and Dad.  Amazingly it wasn't crowded.  Last year I remember I could barely walk there were so many people.   I guess we picked a good time to go.  All the usual food vendors were there.  Fried pickles straight ahead.  Apparently there were fried Girl Scout Cookies this year....and even deep fried butter!  The very thought makes my arteries clench!  :-)

We walked through all the craft exhibits and stopped to check out the animals on our way back to the gate.  This year everyone is very uptight about the risk of E. coli infection.  Several people got ill last year at this fair and this year there is a new outbreak linked to the Cleveland County Fair.  Very scary.  After we left the animal building we looked in vain for one of the "many and well marked" hand washing stations and we couldn't find one.  Hmmmmm.

I love to wander through the garden exhibits.  So much inspiration.

I spent much of Thursday down at our other house with the tree people.  My poor little house is looking a bit sad stripped of it's overgrown shrubbery, but the rest of the yard certainly looks better without the dead and dying Leland Cyprus trees.   Two very large stumps were removed too.  Everything is overgrown so we still have much more work to do ourselves.

And this yard needs plenty of work too.  Sigh.  Even so, I enjoy sitting for a few minutes on the deck listening to the breezes now there are less mosquitoes.  :-)

The Tramp had to get up at 5:30 this morning to "go to work" at his desk at home.  He said it was absolutely pouring rain.  It was still dripping from the trees when Ivy and I set out for our walk.

My laughing dog!  And my first walk in my new shoes.  I went to Fleet Feet to be properly fitted.  So far my walks have been two miles max, then my feet really start to hurt.  :-(  Fingers crossed I've found a solution!

The trees are starting to turn.

Once again, lunch on the porch with the dogs at their posts.

Who?  Me?

 Sweet photos of the New Zealand grands.

 It looks like they are having a serious discussion about that car.  :-)

Today turned out to be baking day.  A tray of muffins and six loaves of bread!  Yum!

No comments: