Monday, October 24, 2011


I'm here.  Just not taking the time to write so now I have to catch up.  The weekend before last the autumn weather came in with a bang.  We had a couple of really nice windy days with a cold front from Canada.  The Tramp and I went outside in the late evening to enjoy the wind in the trees and the dark pond.  I fooled around for a few minutes taking photos in the dark.  This one is about the best of the lot.  I totally amazed the Eldest Daughter by telling her the photo reminds me of the graphic on one of her Nine Inch Nails t-shirts.  Alternative music isn't my thing so guess it isn't something she would have expected her old Mom to remember!  LOL

I finished another t-shirt quilt.  It's all baseball related shirts and is very handsome with the red and black borders.

I've rearranged my sewing room a bit and Charlie is over by my sewing machine now.  Maisy doesn't care where Charlie is.  She'll wait anywhere for him to drop his (expensive) parrot food where she can gobble it up.  Sigh.

I visited the State Fair on Thursday.  The admission price that day was cans of Food Lion food for the needy.  What a good idea!  First I visited all the garden displays.  Well gee, that's what I want my front yard to look like.

Some were a bit more fantastical than others.  :-)

Love the pink flamingos!  Well done too.  It didn't look the least bit tacky!

I browsed all the craft displays.  Found my quilt.

And enjoyed seeing all the other entries.

I enjoyed the midways with all the big rides....from a distance.

And tried to eat healthy with roasted corn and a frozen banana.  :-)

The number of food vendors is incredible.  And an amazing amount of it is deep fried.  Candy bars, Koolaid (I can't imagine), mac & cheese, Oreos, Twinkies and even pickles!  Urp.

This weekend was absolutely gorgeous so we spent a good deal of time outside in the yard.  About two dozen geese showed up to enjoy the pond.  Right before I took this picture they had a huge flapping, honking argument.  Then they spent the next half hour or so preening and splashing.  Soothing their ruffled feathers I guess.  :-)

While The Tramp muscled out the rest of the azalea bushes, I concentrated on our mailbox post, sadly in need of attention.

I scraped as best I could and The Tramp followed up with the electric sander.

In between helping with the bush removal, coats of spray paint on the mailbox, and primer and paint on the post I enjoyed the sun and the scenery.

We made a mess of the kitchen changing the light fixture over the sink to one that actually works!  It was horribly difficult kneeling on the counter and getting up under there. 

While that was going on my first attempt at gluten-free French bread was cooling on the stove.  Frankly it looks better than it tasted.  So I'll find another recipe.

The mailbox was reinstalled and ready for the Monday mail truck.  

The house is sporting new light fixtures out front as well as over the kitchen sink.  And no more aggressive azaleas are threatening our view of the pond.  (Yay!)

And we both have all the sore muscles to prove it!  :-)

1 comment:

SoozieSuzy said...

You are such a busy person, and so organised being able to take lovely pictures as you go! I enjoy your blogs.