Sunday, December 26, 2010

White Christmas

Merry Christmas!

Actually today is Boxing Day....but it did begin to snow last night! We had a dusting a few days ago and that was exciting enough.


This however, is pretty darned amazing! On the news they are saying the last Christmas snow in our area was in 1947. And we don't even own a shovel! I suppose that's a good thing. If we had one I'd feel obliged to go outside and use it. :-)


Sadly though, the snow means no Christmas visiting. The Tramp and I had a very quiet day and are anticipating a quieter week than planned. I've got lots of sewing to do so I shouldn't complain.

The Tramp was served his Christmas bacon and egg breakfast.

We enjoyed opening our presents.
And Maisy took charge of all the new dog toys.
On Christmas Eve we went outside to help our neighbors decorate the neighborhood with luminaries. We placed them on both sides of the road all around the pond and along the access road to our subdivision. The kids (large and small) had the best time setting them out and lighting them. They lasted well into the night.

Our house is just to the right of the setting sun.
It got better and better as it got darker and all of the neighborhood Christmas lights came on. Since there was ice on the pond we didn't get the crystal clear reflection of all the lights, but it was gorgeous anyway.
This was the view from our front porch. It was tempting to keep running to the windows all evening to see if the lights were still there!
And just before Christmas, the latest project I finished here was to finally paint the TV armoire. We bought it on Craigslist and didn't realize until we brought it home that it reeked terribly of cigarette smoke. I couldn't go near it! So we figured we could solve the problem by painting it. It was mostly successful.
Not my best paint job. I was very tired from the oral surgery and pretty spaced out on Percocet. But since I couldn't go out, it made sense to find something useful to do that didn't require sharp things like needles, scissors and rotary cutters. :-)
And it looks just fine now it's in place.

4 comments:

Melinda said...

It looks very nice. Your photo of the snow is beautiful. We had a quiet day also because of the weather.

Deb Johnson, Quiltbeeme said...

What a wonderful blog!! How did I not know you had a blog? I absolutely love your new home and your pond!!! It sure reminds me of my little sandbox. Your home is just gorgeous! I will be checking in often! I love your writing style and your full life! Hugs, Deb (Quiltbeeme)

Lorraine said...

YOur new house looks like it is in a wonderful place.....a white Christmas....and the lights look amazing! Happy New Year...and enjoy your new home....!

Jeanne Turner McBrayer said...

Beautiful pictures of the snow. Love the pond and the luminaries!