Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Is it April already???

I'm just gonna pretend that I haven't been lazy about posting and jump right in. :-p (I do read lots of blogs and have been incredibly lazy about commenting too.)

First of all there is a new grandbaby! He's way off in New Zealand, sigh. Everyday I have to thank the powers that be and a bunch of really smart people for digital cameras, the internet and high speed connections. IMHO he looks just like The Tramp. :-) Cute, cute, cute!

Then there are the grands up in Norfolk, VA. We visited last week and I got to be the monkey in the middle in the back seat of the car. While one of them slept...

the other one entertained me. He was a very cool dude in his shades and sporting a mohawk hairdo.

Then he kind of spoiled the effect by showing off the nail polish on his thumb! LOL

This last weekend we spent a lot of time out in the garden. And I managed to get a family portrait when they were tired enough to sit still.

We weeded and mulched and I potted up some of my favorite plants. I figured it makes a portable garden that I can take with me if this house ever sells.

About two weeks ago our quilt guild sponsored two workshops with Sharon Schamber. Very cool! I'm pleased to learn whatever she wants to teach me. Here she is demonstrating on my sewing machine!

Ummmm.... What else? Oh yes! Tuesday I went to doll club and we continued to work on our Patti Culea dolls. We worked on faces mostly and I finished it tonight. Not bad for the first one. The camera is kind. I'm not pleased at how the seam allowances turned into purple shadows after I painted on the textile medium. It doesn't show as badly in the pictures. One side of her forehead, nose and chin have a purple shadow and of course it is all around the edge of her face.
But overall I'm very pleased and look forward to finishing her body and dressing her. She seems to be developing into some kind of pink sprite. It's kind of like giving birth and seeing what happens as your doll grows up. Fun! :-)

4 comments:

Kris said...

This year is just flying by! Love the grandy photos. Aren't kids wonderful? And isn't being a grandparent amazing? I love it. Your doll is gorgeous!!!

Sew Create It - Jane said...

I bet a class with Sharon is a real treat! I've learnt so much from her website!

Love the picture of the dogs..aren't they well behaved sitting for the picture!

Congrats on the grandchild...he is gorgeous!!

Heera said...

Cute grand babies.

I like your dogs sitting in a row!

Your new doll is beautiful.I like her eyes. And the hair matches well too.

Tami @ Lemon Tree Tales said...

I love the glitter around the eyes of your new doll head. She'll be a real stunner.