Thursday, March 20, 2008

Windy days

Look what the wind blew in yesterday! A wonderful gift I won over at Grace's site. :-) Beading yummies. Thank you Grace!!!

I'll resist posting bird pictures today and for a change you can look at....my laundry! LOL

The Tramp and I finally got the clothesline constructed and yesterday was it's maiden voyage. I love how it's always breezy here and yesterday was downright WINDY. I also love my fancy dancy new dryer but nothing is better than hanging things out in the sun and wind. Wednesday is laundry day and it's always nice when the weather cooperates! The lines sagged quite a bit but we pulled them tighter today. It's still windy so....

It wasn't hard to find another load of laundry. I can't figure out how just two of us manage to generate so much!

Today was Make Stew For The Dog Day. Polish sausage, green beans, sweet and white potatoes. I forgot to get beef broth so used chicken. I was all ready to worry about it, then realized...the dog couldn't care less. Sheesh. The recipe is from this book.

So it naturally followed that it should also be Scrub Out The Kibble Containers Day.


Our yard is slowly taking shape. The construction of the clothesline helped make the woodpile a bit smaller. The Tramp has also been busy chopping wood for the stove.

Things have greened up since we've finally had some rain. The problem is that with all this drought and not a little neglect on our part weed is taking over. All the green you see above is chickweed or something similar. It's also taken over the gardens.
It grows like mad in the pine straw mulch so I've been hacking it out a bit at a time. I only wonder if I can keep ahead of it!

I've got so much more to go! This is just the tip of the iceberg. Sigh.

But the bonus is finding lovely little things like this. :-)


4 comments:

GraceBeading said...

Hooray... glad you like the little doll kit, I'm looking forward to seeing what you do with it. Love the clothesline - I line dry my clothes too when it's warm enough. There is nothing like the smell of sunshine in clean laundry!

Pam said...

That looks like a pretty good stew for the dog. How do you store it? Do you mix it with a bit of kibble for the dog's dinner? Our dog decided she needed to have canned food with her kibble or she wouldn't eat it - she might just like a bit of doggy stew. Polish sausage?

Happy Easter

Quilter Kathy said...

You are the lucky winner!
Hope you show us what you make with your Grace gift!

meggie said...

You lucky girl! My violets never flower- they just grow fat leaves, & that is it!Obviously they need something to jolt them into flower!