Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Odd

After our distressingly odd day yesterday, I'm happy to say The Viking was feeling much better today.  His fever was lower and though his appetite wasn't what it usually is, he was cheerful and chatty and more like normal.  You can see the dark circles under his eyes.


We stayed home today, odd in itself.  Actually it was the first morning home in weeks.  The Viking was glad of an opportunity to play with the Chuggington trains and I was happy to work around him at sewing machines.


I have so many small projects in various stages of completion stashed in the corners of The Sandbox and it seemed a good idea to start pulling them out and getting them out of the way.  The first one that came to hand was this kit from Connecting Threads for a Ruffle Bag.  In the end, it turns out to be a rather odd looking thing.  Odd to put together too.  Unless I missed it (entirely possible), the pattern doesn't specify what kind of interfacing would be best.  And of course I boobed when cutting it out.  The stripes should be running up and down rather than around the bag, but oh well.  I'm not sure it would make it any less odd than it is now.  ;-)


The pocket on the inside shows the odd choice of kit fabrics.  Grey and white mixed with a cream floral.  Nice fabrics....separately.  Anyway, the bag is roomy and I'm sure it will be plenty serviceable.


Ivy certainly doesn't care one way or the other.  :-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Katie,so glad that the Viking is feeling better,and I love your ruffle bag xx