Sunday, April 3, 2016

Pollen, Playtime, Piglet, Preciousness, and Pieces

Yesterday I decided it was high time to tackle the pollen on the back porch with the vacuum.  It's truly amazing!  It didn't look too bad this morning so maybe the worst is over now.  We can only hope.


The Viking had a sleep-over at our house last night.  He was very excited about it and we had fun together.  While waiting for our dinner to come out of the oven we danced to the music in our dining room chairs.

A large part of his excitement was the opportunity to play with a different set of bath toys.  He did his best to convince me that he was stinky and needed a bath "right now!"  All evening.  :-)


This morning we danced in our chairs at breakfast.  This song was "Wipeout" and he energetically played the piano and the drums....at the same time.  :-)  (note the precious bath toy that slept with him all night and came to breakfast too)




And he was delighted to be given charge of walking Piglet.  :-)


If you click on the next photo to enlarge it, you will see Father Goose on the side of the road.  Mother Goose is on her nest two trees beyond him.  I carried Piglet past the geese on our first two rounds of the pond with no problem.  The third time I let her walk.  Father Goose was not happy at all and he let us know it!  I had to grab Piglet and The Viking and run up into a neighbor's yard.  Now I know why my neighbor carries a big stick when she's out with her dog!


Spring!

Stardust looks so grown up with her new haircut.


And I can't believe how much these three little Kiwis have grown.  I'm so grateful we can talk to them often on Skype.


Now I'm concentrating on catching up with the 365 Challenge quilt so I slapped the blocks done so far up on the design wall.  I have almost 20 blocks cut out and ready for sewing this week.  Four of them are the borders around the center block.  I can't wait to see how it will look.  :-)



1 comment:

Bonnie said...

I sure hope we are getting beyond the pollen days. Even in the garage my car has a film of light green/yellow on it. Good for you for trying the 365 day challenge. Nope, not starting new projects right now! hope all is well with the whole family.