Thursday, May 8, 2008

Rainy day doings...

Today was a much easier day. Dull and rainy and perfect for sewing. First I set the Bernina back up in the table. Yay!


While I've been waiting for the Bernina, I did part 3 of Orange Crush on the Featherweight. Then I started on stitching up wallets for me and Mom. The pattern is by Karen Comstock/Quiltricks. I actually bought the pattern directly from her in the store in Cary before I knew who she was! I made what could best be described as a prototype a couple of months ago. The bias binding I made was too narrow and the thing has been falling apart. But Mom said she would buy me fabric for a new one if I made one for her. So sucker me has I've been making wallets. The small one for me....



And the larger one for Mom. They really aren't hard to make. It requires a bit of concentration though...which I lost when I stopped to make dinner. I put the inside and outside together backwards, covered the whole outside edge with the bias....and then of course realized what I had done....groan. But it's now back together the right way and I'll take it to Mom tomorrow.


I received some goodies in the mail today. One dozen churn dash swap blocks from the Karolinakwilters Yahoo Group. I'm going to meet some of the ladies in a few weeks. We're having a retreat at one of the member's houses. It's going to be fun! This is one bright set of blocks. :-)


I had also ordered David McCallum's book and new DVD set on Singer Featherweights. It came today, autographed by David! That's nice. The DVD box was beat up so I've put them in a new box and I'll test them tomorrow. I hope they're ok.


I didn't take the car out today since it was raining and we haven't installed the new windshield wipers yet. The old ones are very nasty and I'm afraid of scratching the new windshield. What I did do however, is download and print the radio manual. The car has a fancy dancy after-market radio which I absolutely cannot figure out how to program! And the doggone manual is 40 pages large! Oh my poor brain.....


Wish me luck. :-)

3 comments:

Amanda said...

Pretty wallets. I wish you luck with the car radio. It took me ages to work out how ours works, and then I forgot how so I had to spend ages working it out again when I needed to change something!

Candace said...

Glad you are back in business with your Bernina (I guess it just needed a ladies touch) Your wallets are wonderful, I've been thinking of making one, but first I have to catch up some other things.

Lynn said...

I love the wallets, I think we go to the same shop. I signed up for Karolinakqwilters after seeing the churn dash blocks. Looks fun.